Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner


Chicken Florentine  7 points.
recipe courtesy of Light and Healthy 2010

When you look at a traditional recipe for chicken florentine, you can't help but get overwhelmed by the richness of the ingredients - tons of butter, heavy cream, Parmesan - some of the tastiest things on the planet.  Bring that together with spinach, and I'm a happy man - my mother makes creamed spinach specifically for me on Thanksgiving, because she knows I love it so much.

However, with the new eating plan (I hate the word 'diet'), dishes like that aren't in the cards.  Lo and behold, there was a recipe for it in my new Test Kitchen cookbook, and I had to give it a whirl.  2 teaspoons of grapeseed oil, 1 tablespoon of heavy cream, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan - not a ton of heavy ingredients, but this dish had tremendous flavor and a deceptive richness - we didn't think we were eating a 'light and healthy' meal.  How much did we like it?

 


0 comments: