Sunday, August 9, 2009

Seafood Risotto

Inspired by my blog buddy Rob (whose blog you should all check out), I cooked up a bit of risotto tonight. Normally, risotto can be heavy, replete with butter and cheese, but this recipe eschews the cheese, since it would conflict with the deliciousness of the seafood. The broth gets fortified with clam juice to kick up the flavor, while the saffron and basil give it a bright and fresh flavor. I made it with scallops and shrimp, but you could easily add crab or lobster or whatever seafood you like. With some fresh Jersey tomato and some basil chiffonade, Steph described this as one of the best, if not the best, dinner I've ever cooked for her. I'm glad she approved :D

1 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Alex, Can you email me or post the recipe you used? My mom loves seafood risotto and emailed me looking for the recipe. We had it at our wedding and she has not found a good recipe to make it.