Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Top Chef Masters

How stoked am I to see real pro chefs face off? Random thoughts on the cheftestants.

- I'm rooting for my boy Wylie Dufresne, natch, but I don't think he's got the broad appeal that will take him far. The judges won't get his food.

- Hubert Keller is going to bring it home for the old-school French-technique style of cooking. He'll show that classic technique is still relevant and important in cuisine today.

- I like Rick Bayless. Yet another reason why I have to convince Steph to go to Chicago.

- I love Art Smith. He promotes healthy eating and good nutrition habits, and yet obviously enjoys his food. This harks back to an important belief of mine - never trust a skinny chef.

- I don't know any of the judges, nor do I care to. Where the hell is Padma, Tom and Gail?

- I think Liz Falkner is the dark horse, because she can do both savory and sweet. She might win one for the people because of this.


0 comments: